EEF is seeking an Office Assistant for 10 hrs/wk with the possibility of increased hours in the future. This position will be perfect for a motivated, independent worker with a strong attention to detail, who thrives in a collaborative and fun work environment.
As the foundation for 4J, EEF serves as a fundraising conduit and connector between community members and public schools. We support the 34 schools in 4J through a wide range of fundraising activities, and process over $700,000 in donations every year. Since 2015, we have significantly grown our fundraising and outreach capacity, and are looking for an individual to support this growth. The position would primarily be focused on database management, producing documents, and processing gifts, but would also have the opportunity to support the production of fundraising materials and special events.
- Data entry: recording gifts, updating donor notes
- Gift processing: assist with processing cash, credit, electronic, and stock donations
- Printing and mailing of donation receipts
- Database maintenance—merging duplicate donors, etc.
- Maintain office files (electronic and paper)
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Assist in production of print and electronic media
- Assist in event planning, including guest list and RSVP management, setup and breakdown
- Telephone and email reception as needed
- Work with bookkeeper and Schools Liaison/Fundraising Manager to produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience with databases, Excel, and Word
- At least 2 years of experience in office professional setting, ideally in a nonprofit setting
- Understanding of confidential nature of processing donations and supporting fundraising
- Event support experience
- Occasional nights and/or weekend work may be required
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter and resume detailing relevant work experience, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.