The EEF Grant Application Cycle for School Year 2019-2020 is NOW OPEN. Grant applications will be accepted through May 17, 2019. The EEF Board of Directors will meet in June to review applications, and will communicate about awarded grants shortly after that. Funds will be made available in September 2019 for use across the 2019-2020 School Year.
Please read the following guidelines carefully, as some requirements have changed.
EEF Guiding Principles for Grant Funding
–EEF supports educational enrichment programs throughout 4J.
–EEF aligns its resources to help schools achieve their educational goals.
–EEF supports district-wide strategic initiatives.
–EEF values equity in educational programming and opportunities.
–EEF rewards exceptional and innovative ideas.
1. When to apply: Applications from schools must be submitted through each school’s administrator. Applications from district level programs must be submitted through Charis McGaughy in 4J Instruction (refer to section 6 for district-level grants).
Applications are due by May 17, 2019. We will not accept late applications.
Please remember that each school must list their grant requests in order of priority. This is done by the Site Council and principal. This ensures that projects support district and building goals, represent the needs of the school, and benefit the greatest number of students possible. It also helps us know what order to honor if we are unable to immediately fund all of your requests. We consider priority among other factors, but it is not a guarantee of funding.
2. How to submit applications:
Downloadable forms are found here:
Grants to Schools Application Form
Grants to District Level Programs Application Form
- Submit a separate document for each grant you submit.
- Attach all applications to one email, with the name of your school in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- List the priority ranking of your applications in the email by naming the documents as such: “School Name_<Ranking Number>_Grant Title.” For example: “Camas Ridge_1_OBOB.”
Handwritten grant applications will not be reviewed.
3. Who writes the grant applications: Applications and grant reports written by teachers or others who are directly engaged in the projects tend to have more powerful details, both anecdotal and statistical. The stories that are told in the grant applications and reports are essential to the Foundation’s fundraising efforts and we greatly value the information you share with us.
4. What to apply for:
EEF prioritizes requests that support educational enrichment, equity and/or access programs, and that impact the largest number of students possible.
Grant requests may be requested in any amount up to $5,000. Schools may submit up to five (5) grant requests total. EEF does not guarantee funding for every school that applies. Applications must align with EEF’s Mission Statement and should be professional and show thought. Grants that have been requested and funded more than three years in a row must document impact and success to be considered for ongoing funding.
While we welcome applications that pertain to a variety of needs, we prioritize grants that relate to the following: Literacy, Arts, and STEM.
If you are applying for a technology grant, prior to submitting your application, you must check the content of your request by contacting Justin Huntley (email@example.com) and/or Misty Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the district’s Instructional Technology Department.
5. What not to apply for: EEF does not fund release time or extended contracts for planning and staff development. We do not fund salaries for regular 4J staff.
6. District-Level/Departmental Grants: District-level programs may apply for grants in any amount up to $10,000. These are grants that often provide funding for a significant number of students, across multiple schools. All district-level grants must be submitted to Charis McGaughy, Assistant Superintendent for Instruction, who will organize the district-level priority list.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact EEF at 541-790-7744 or email@example.com.