Founded in 1993, the Eugene Education Foundation serves as the primary fundraising organization for Eugene School District 4J, and seeks to promote community support for public education. EEF welcomes applications for the position of Executive Director, and seeks a highly- motivated and strategic thinker who will work collaboratively with the board, staff, and other key stakeholder groups to advance our strategic direction and continue to position the organization for ongoing success. The ideal candidate will have the drive and experience to lead fundraising initiatives, build partnerships, and think creatively about new ways to advance our mission. In close consultation with the board of directors, this person will have an opportunity to shepherd a vibrant community organization and to make a lasting difference for Eugene’s largest public school district.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Strategic Leadership: Provide deliberate direction for the organization and work closely with the Board of Directors to create, execute, monitor, and report on the strategic plan. Develop institutional values and priorities and foster buy-in.
- Fundraising: A fearless capacity and energetic willingness to cultivate donors and make transformational asks, as well as to coordinate a variety of print, digital, and in-person stewardship and solicitation tools. Develop and deliver strong messaging about the organization’s mission and projects.
- Organizational Management: Plan for and oversee the health of the organization, including budgeting and financial reporting, staff management, ongoing cultivation of new board members as well as continued growth and improved effectiveness of the board.
- Public Education: An understanding of and belief in the central role of public K-12 schools as the place we all raise our future leaders and neighbors.
- Minimum of three years of successful major gift fundraising ($5,000 and above) with proven track record of success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Demonstrated success leading and mentoring staff
- Experience developing and overseeing an organizational budget
- Extensive experience with event planning
- Experience collaborating with varied stakeholder groups, including donors, businesses, school district, and other nonprofit organizations
- Experience working closely with a volunteer board and subcommittees
- Bachelor’s Degree
–Knowledge of local Eugene community and key philanthropic and nonprofit stakeholders
–Leadership role within nonprofit organizations
Compensation: $60,000-$70,000 DOE, plus competitive benefits package.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone number and email) to email@example.com.